VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT- Policy and Advocacy Officer
Job Title: Policy and Advocacy Officer
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Reports to: Director
Duration: Initial for one year.
- The Policy and Advocacy Officer is responsible for Liaising with stakeholders and partners to ensure seamless implementation of advocacy activities on mainstreaming biodiversity. He/Should be responsible for supporting in the development of programs and proposals for the purpose of mobilizing resources for the advocacy initiative and publicize the campaign through social media, electronic communication, attendance in meetings, and other awareness-raising activities
- Liaise with stakeholders and partners to ensure seamless implementation of advocacy activities on mainstreaming biodiversity.
- Plan and organize meetings and advocacy activities including workshops, consultations, and mobilization of stakeholders.
- Assist in the facilitation of workshops, consultation, and other related activities mainly related to Advocacy.
- Document workshops, consultation, and other related activities related to advocacy.
- Maintain and manage a database of all documents, papers, and other materials used in advocacy activities.
- Implement the monitoring and evaluation system for advocacy campaigns.
- Assist in the development of programs and proposals for the purpose of mobilizing resources for the advocacy initiative.
- Publicize the campaign through social media, electronic communication, attendance in meetings, and other awareness-raising activities.
- Support engagement within different development sectors.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiar with various aspects of communication and information dissemination;
- Understands a range of issues in the context of development sector, political situation, public perceptions and local contexts in mainstreaming biodiversity;
- Experience in planning and executing advocacy campaigns;
- Ability to quickly analyze relevant information from varied sources and integrate them into advocacy campaigns;
- Ability to assess risks and tactfully handle sensitive situations with target audiences and nurture fruitful partnerships ;
- Ability to prepare and make presentations before various audiences;
- Fluency in oral and written English & Nepali
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Skills in leadership, management, organization, writing and public speaking
Education / Experience
• University degree in environmental policy, law or economics, natural sciences or a related discipline.
• Excellent research and writing skills.
• Previous experience in policy advocacy at national and/or international level is desirable.
Gross Remuneration: As per BCN rule.
Interested and qualified Nepali citizens should apply with an updated resume that responds to the position, description and the competencies required and a cover letter stating why you feel you are suitable for this job. Applications should reach the address below by 25th April 2017. Only short listed candidates will be informed. Detailed TOR for this position can be downloaded from our website https://www.birdlifenepal.org
Please submit your application to
Human Resources Division
Bird Conservation Nepal
PO Box 12465
Lazimpat, Kathmandu, Nepal
BCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as a disqualification for the position.
- Date:2017-04-12 - 2017-04-19