The United Nations Climate Change Conference, Durban 2011, delivered a breakthrough on the international community's response to climate change. In the second largest meeting of its kind, the negotiations advanced, in a balanced fashion, the implementation of the Convention and the Kyoto Protocol, the Bali Action Plan, and the Cancun Agreements. ...
IUCN , the International Union for Conservation of Nature, held its 5th IUCN Regional Conservation Forum (RCF) from 27 to 30 September 2011 in Incheon, Republic of South Korea with a slogan of Greening Asia's Growth Nature +. ...
This weekend 24 September 2011 saw the publication of a major new report on the State of Nepalís Birds 2010. Produced by Bird Conservation Nepal (BCN; BirdLife in Nepal) and the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation, it was officially launched by Parmanand Jha, the Right Honourable Vice President of Nepal, on Saturday at National Conservation Day in Kathmandu. ...
3rd International Vulture Awareness Day was celebrated on 3 September 2011 in Nepal and around the world. On this occasion, BCN organised several events at various part of the country: Kathmandu, Palpa, Kaski, Chitwan to Kanchanpur districts. Conservation awareness rallies, awareness campaigns; awareness workshops; interaction and talk programs; awareness through FM radio; Bombax sps.(Simal) plantation, street drama were carried out throughout the country in coordination and collaboration with D ...
A tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) among Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation (DNPWC), Bird Conservation Nepal (BCN) and National Trust for Nature Conservation (NTNC) was signed for construction of new colony aviary and overall management of Vulture Conservation Breeding Centre (VCBC) at Kasara, Chitwan National Park on 30 August 2011. ...
Birdwatching Tourism Training was conducted at Pokhara from 28 to 29 August 2011. Total 36 participants included Trekking guides, conservation worker, University students and media persons. ...
Meeting for establishing Vulture Safe Zones in Terai region of Uttar Pradesh took place on 6 August 2011 in Lucknow, India. The objective of the meeting was to launch Vulture Safe Zone (VSZ) project in Uttar Pradesh, India. ...
Vulture conservation and management training successfully conducted in Dhangadhi, Kailali. The training was conducted from 5-6 July 2011. ...
A national workshop on Diclofenac Free Zone was jointly organised by Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation (DNPWC) and Bird Conservation Nepal (BCN) on 23 June 2011. ...
BCN organised a week long Bird Painting and Photography Exhibition to celebrate the World Environment Day 2011 throughout the first week of June. Painting and photography about birds is powerful conservation awareness tool to educate the general public that can make people more aware about the growing environmental problems and encourage them to support our conservation efforts. ...
- Koshi Tappu Bird Watching Camp Pvt , Sunsari - Rs. 500
- Vimal Thapa - Rs. 1000
- Rajendra Gurung - Rs. 1000
- BCN Pokhara Branch , Pokhara Street Festival - Rs. 632
- Bhuwan Mani Sharma , IOF, Pokhara - Rs. 100
- Keshav Ghimire , IOF, Pokhara - Rs. 100
- Sonam Tashi Lama , Yamphudin-3, Taplejung - Rs. 100
- World Migratory Bird Day 2013 - Rs. 3300
- Rainor Stoll , birdingtours GmbH, Germany - Rs. 25,323
- Abinash Nepali , Germany - Rs. 1500
- Carolline Forell , USA - Rs. 150
- Charles Patton and Leslie Harris , USA - Rs. 150
- Toby Wheeler , USA - Rs. 330
- Rajendra Gurung (Patron, BCN) , Kapan - Rs. 2500
- Reliance Public School(Student from grade 3 to 5) , Kapan - Rs. 365
- Samir Maharjan - Rs. 500
- International Vulture Awareness Day 2011 - Rs. 2300
- Deepak Adhikari - Rs. 500
- Anand Chaudhary - Rs. 1275
- Dr. Hum Bahadur Gurung - Rs. 250
- Butch Lama - Rs. 700
- Sarah Piper - Rs. 2000
- Charles W. Norris Brown - Rs. 300
- Puja Gurung - Rs. 466
- Surya Prakash Tiwari - Rs. 200
- Ramesh K Pariyar - Rs. 500
- Shree Namuna Mahendra Sec. School - Rs. 902
- Bright Star Worker's Higher Secondary School - Rs. 510
- Shree Bolambu Secondary School - Rs. 1055
- Apollo Int'l School - Rs. 500
- Shree Chandi Bhairav Secondary School - Rs. 843
- Amar Jyoti Sec. School - Rs. 730
- Shree Chandrika Devi Secondary School - Rs. 501
- David Fiddell - Rs. 500
- Local people from Sikles Village , Kaski - Rs. 4223
- PABSON Programme , Surkhet - Rs. 3000
- Children's Paradise Boarding School , Surkhet - Rs. 2000
- Leknath Festival , Kaski - Rs. 2500
- Amar Singh High School , Pokhara - Rs. 1660
- United Academy , Pokhara - Rs. 1035
- Suryodaya Boarding School , Pokhara - Rs. 1000
- Narayanjan Secondary School , Mache Gaun - Rs. 891
- Shree Baghbhairav Secondary School , Kirtipur - Rs. 1035
- Green Village Education Foundation , Kirtipur - Rs. 500
- Program at Dhanding , firstname.lastname@example.org - Rs. 1500
- Evergreen Higher Secondary School , Sankhu - Rs. 1500
- Shree Bajrayogini Secondary School , Sankhu - Rs. 2800
- Serene Hill Secondary English School , Sankhu - Rs. 953
- Nuwakot Festival - Rs. 2000
- Exhibition (Climate Change) at Basantapur - Rs. 547
- BCN Day Celebration - Rs. 645
- 9th street exhibition and public awareness campaign - Rs. 766